A Happy New Year to you all.
It looks like being a good year, with lots to look forward to in the season ahead and, as is customary at this (ridiculously) early stage, it is time for me to gaze into my crystal ball and ruminate on a few things that may just come to pass in 2013.
So, here goes:
- Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing will win their fourth successive titles.
- Ferrari and Lotus will come second and third in the constructors’ championship respectively.
- Marussia will score a point.
- Bernie Ecclestone will start to prepare for his retirement.
- One of the Toro Rosso drivers will be replaced by Antonio Felix da Costa mid-season.
- Jack Harvey will win the GP3 championship.
- Toyota will win at Le Mans.
- Sebastien Loeb will win all four rallies he contests in 2013…
- …ending the year ahead of Jari-Matti Latvala in the ponts table.
- Dani Pedrosa will win the MotoGP championship.
- Renault will announce their intention to compete in the WTCC for 2014.
Of course, I’m only expecting a few of these to come true given that motorsport is just so unpredictable – that’s my excuse anyway – which is partly why I guess we love it so much.