A Happy New Year to you all. It looks like being a good year, with lots to look forward to in the season ahead. Last year I made some predictions about what might happen in 2010. Some of them came true – not many, I agree – but some were on the ball.
So, it’s time now to gaze into the Motorsport Musings crystal ball and ruminate on a few things that just may come to pass this season.
So, here goes:
- Red Bull will lead the pace once again and win the constructors’ championship with relative ease…
- …with Sebastian Vettel winning the drivers’ championship, again.
- Mark Webber will win the Australian Grand Prix.
- Daniel Ricciardo will replace Sebastien Buemi after the Hungarian Grand Prix.
- HRT will struggle to make it until the end of the year.
- Team Lotus will rebrand themselves as ‘1Malaysia’.
- Audi will win at Le Mans.
- Jorge Lorenzo will win the MotoGP championship.
- Sebastien Loeb will win his eighth title. His most difficult for sometime as Sebastien Ogier makes life difficult for Seb 1.0.
- Bernie Ecclestone will start to prepare for his retirement.
- Jean-Eric Vergne will win the Formula Renault 3.5 championship.
- Felipe Nasr will win the British F3 championship.
- The BBC will interview someone other than Christian Horner, Martin Whitmarsh or Stefano Domenicalli.
Testing for the new racing season gets underway in just a few weeks time. Then we will see just how much of the above is daft, and how much is looking possible.
Meanwhile welcome back to my corner of the Internet, and a happy new year. I think it will be.